Follow us:

UK Residency by Investment

The UK Residency by Investment Program offers the UK Expansion Worker visa, a unique opportunity for individuals who work as senior managers or possess specialised skills in an overseas business. This visa allows them to establish a branch of their overseas business in the UK, even if it has not started trading in the country yet. By bringing their expertise to the UK, applicants can explore new markets, expand their business operations, and become a part of the thriving UK economy. If you are looking to grow your business and venture into new horizons, the UK Residency by Investment Program is the pathway to residency and success in the United Kingdom.

Uno Capital half Logo



Who is eligible to apply for the UK Expansion Worker Visa?

Individuals who have a valid certificate of sponsorship from their employer, have worked for their employer outside the UK (unless meeting specific criteria), are in an eligible occupation, and receive a salary of at least £45,800 per year or the ‘going rate’ for the job, are eligible for the visa.

What is a certificate of sponsorship, and how do I get one?

A certificate of sponsorship is an electronic record provided by the employer (sponsor) that contains information about the role you will perform in the UK. Employers can apply for a sponsor licence if they are eligible to issue certificates of sponsorship.

How long do I need to have worked for my employer outside the UK?

Generally, you must have worked for your employer outside the UK for at least 12 months. However, there are exceptions for individuals earning over £73,900 or those working for Japanese or Australian companies expanding to the UK.

How can I check if my job is eligible for the UK Expansion Worker Visa?

To determine job eligibility, you need to know your 4-digit occupation code. You can find this code in your certificate of sponsorship or obtain it from your employer. Once you have the code, you can check the list of eligible jobs to see if yours is included.

What are the salary requirements for the UK Expansion Worker Visa?

Applicants must be paid at least £45,800 per year or the ‘going rate’ for their job, whichever is higher. Each occupation code has its own annual going rate, which can be checked in the going rates table.

What happens if my employer does not follow UK rules on minimum wage and working hours?

Failure to comply with UK rules on minimum wage and working hours by your employer may result in your visa application being refused.

How soon do I need to apply for the visa after receiving the certificate of sponsorship?

You must apply for the UK Expansion Worker Visa within 3 months of receiving the certificate of sponsorship from your employer.


Connect with us today

If you wish to enhance your portfolio through our strategic capital investments, citizenship and permanent residency services, then feel free to contact us.

Subscribe to UNO Capital mailing list to
receive the latest news, notifications updates

Download Brochure

Get in Touch